Volunteer with Woodenfish
Looking to add experience to your resume, exercise
a skill or practice the paramita of giving?
As a growing organization, we are constantly in
need of expertise.
We are looking for volunteers with experience or
interest in: fundraising, graphic design, social
media, accounting, law, and organizational
non-profit managements. We are looking to fill
standing committees, especially in fundraising
and alumni cultivation.
Please let us know of your interests and how you would like to get involved by filling out this form below, and we will respond accordingly!
We express deep gratitude in advance for your desire to contribute.
Woodenfish Remote Internship
Woodenfish Foundation is looking for current students or someone with an ability to commit 10-20 hours per week to gain invaluable experience conducting research, engaging in program development, and communications writing.
The intern will provide a wide range of administrative, organizational, and research support. This position is REMOTE, and can be done anywhere with an internet connection. We would like an intern to commit to at least a three-month period of working with Woodenfish Foundation, and longer if their time permits. The minimum time commitment is 10 hours per week.
Responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to the following:
· Work independently on special, nonrecurring and ongoing projects
· Compile data and research concerning international development, philanthropy and matters related to developing programs in various sectors across the organization's specializations
· Assist with drafting and editing materials, including blogs, reports, letters, reports
· Review press releases and other material
· Identify new potential points of contact for ongoing policy/education campaigns
· Draft business correspondence, which may include letters, memos, speeches and email
· Maintain an organized system of tracking, monitoring and prioritizing tasks and projects
· Answer and/or field emails and communications, and respond as appropriate
· Assist with research and compiling of reports
· Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
· Nonprofit experience with demonstrated ability to anticipate next steps, take initiative, exercise discretion, and apply sound judgment
· Must be flexible, highly organized and have a proven ability to juggle multiple and competing tasks and demands and impeccable follow-up and attention to detail
· Pay close attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, Chinese language skills a plus but not necessary
· Currently working towards BA/BS or Master’s degree
· Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Ability to be highly productive working independently and as a member of a team
· Skilled in Graphic Design (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, PPT)